Holiday Foods That
Can Really Pack On The Pounds
The Better Life Experts |
December 18, 2008
Those “in the know”,
claim that the average person in the United States gains between 7-15 pounds
over the Holidays. What foods are the culprits? If one could avoid/limit
just 5 foods, what would they be?
Well, everyone has his/her own ideas, but these are the ones we think most
people should watch carefully:
If we limit or restrict the 5 above mentioned foods, perhaps we could lower
the poundage we bring into the New Year.
- Pecan Pie….Resist eating more than 1 small piece of this pie made
with eggs, cream and lots of sugar;
- Eggnog….Made with real cream, brandy, and whole eggs. Stick with 1
small serving of this delicious brew;
- Candied Yams…We usually eat them 1-2 times a year and they are so
good, especially with nuts and marshmallows on top, made with real
butter and brown sugar – yum. Again, watch your portions;
- Cheesy Dips….The creamier and fattier the better whether on carrot
sticks or chips or toast. Whoa, go easy on these!
- Creamy Gravy….Add heavy cream, butter and flour to meat juices and
you a little slice of heaven. Go easy on ALL sauces that are basically
fat, flour, and cream.
What would your list look like?